Wednesday, May 26, 2010

First Post - Welcome to the Dentist's Chair

In case you hadn't been watching, Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith took a Patrick Marleau shot to the face in Sunday's game against San Jose, causing him to lose 7 chiclets in one fell swoop. I'll get to why this is relevant in a moment, but for now, let me be the first to welcome you all to Duncan Keith's Dentist, which I'm sure will become a one-stop-shop for all of your sporting news needs. No, seriously.

2009-2010 has been pretty interesting for me, sports-wise. In the span of about a month I watched my beloved Miami RedHawks bounced unceremoniously from the Frozen Four, my beloved Pittsburgh Penguins dumped in 7 games by the Montreal Canadiens(??) and FC Bayern blow a potential (and historic) Triple in the Champions League final in Madrid, not to mention the usual dismal displays on the diamond from the Pirates as they continue with their record-setting ways. But I digress. Going back to 2009, it was the first home series for Miami ice hockey, against St Cloud State, in which I was given my first opportunity to do a live radio broadcast of a hockey game, alongside Patrick Murray and filling in for Mike Cohen, and the rest was history. With roadtrips to Ann Arbor, Fort Wayne and Detroit behind us, I know I'm not alone in missing not only the airtime on the radio with Pat and Mike, but also the conversations in the press box, the car or some random Wendy's in Bowling Green, Ohio. And so, this blog was born.

You'll never find a more devoted trio of sports fanatics than Pat, Mike and myself, which is why I'm confident in my earlier statement when I said that this blog would truly become your one-stop-shop for sports news and banter. Always professional and always informed, I'm sure our posts will be informative, entertaining and sometimes just down-right hilarious. And if you don't believe me, stick around for a week or two and find out for yourself. And as for the Duncan Keith reference, it goes beyond Mike and Pat's devotion to their beloved Blackhawks--I'm sure at some point, you'll feel like you're sitting in the dentist's chair reading this. Just like playing against Charlie Coles, only without the red turtleneck. Well, maybe not. We never really know what Pat might be wearing.


Love and Honor,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment